Friend Leaving Mini album
Is your best friend leaving to travel abroad for a year or two? Make them a mini album to take with them so they will always have a slice of home with them. A hand made mini album is the perfect sized gift for a friend who is travelling. You could also buy a travel journal and alter random pages within it with photos and keepsakes to remind your friend of home.
Remember if its for a girl we want a touchy feely album so when she opens it all she will think of are her friends and family - she should probably cry at least once when she reads it. But if he's a bloke - it should make him laugh (or cry if he's a sensitive new age guy ;-)
Some ideas and inspiration...
- Friends and family
- Your friends pets
- Favourite hangout places
- Get the buddies together with or without your friend and take a great group shot.
Mementos of home
- Your favourite local bar, sports club
Grab match books, napkins or brochures with logos to pop in your album
- Movie ticket stubs from movies you have seen together
- Concert tickets
- Favourite Cafe
Grab an unused disposable coffee cup and cut it up to stick in your album
- Favourite Menu
Cut out your friends favourite menu item from the restaurant where you often eat out together
- Make a CD of your favourite songs that you both listen to and create a special cd envelope to hold it in the album
- Favourite Food
Maybe include a recipe for your friends favourite food that they may not be able to get in the country they will be visiting
- Basically anything your friend loves that they wont get where they're going!!
Things you will miss about your friend
- Traits - smile, laugh
- Habits - good and bad
- The things they do for you - make great coffee, tell good jokes, wingman, shoulder to cry on
- The way they make you feel
- Silly games / things you did together
Extra funnies and bits and pieces
- Emergency money
Include a $1 in the currency of the country they are going to -(maybe for a phone call)
- Emergency Candy
Include a 'to be used only in an emergency' life saver or other favorite candy
- Take photos of your favourite drinks (or a cut them from a magazine) and couple it with a phrase like 'won't taste the same without you'
- Don't forget that mushy friendship quote or poem