Christmas Scrapbook Snowman Stocking
Make your own altered stockings for xmas
Scrapbook Snowman Stocking
This project started out as an ugly wooden stocking I purchased from the Dollar Store. When I saw it I could see that it needed a little lovin'.
How I made it
- I cut apart the wire that held the toe, heel and cuff to the stocking, giving me 4 pieces to work with.
- I covered the wood with coordinating My Mind's Eye glittered paper using Mod Podge. I used a nail file to sand the edges even.
- Then I inked all of the edges using Tim Holtz Distress Inks to give each piece a bit of definition and dimension. I used ribbon to sew the parts back together.
- I further embellished it with some die cut letters and a Cosmo Cricket Buck naked Chipboard snowman that I covered in coordinating paper.
- I added a little doodling and some stickles (but not too much as this was for my very manly husband).
- I coated the whole thing in Mod Podge to seal it and keep it nice year after year. After I sealed it I added some Prima flowers.
I made a whole set, one for each member of my family, but this one is my favorite. I try to make something handmade for each person every year.