How To Make a CD Tin Scrapbook
Okie Dokie. One tutorial for a CD Tin Scrapbook coming right up. Love making these compact little units. They look so classy. They are also discreet, sturdy and robust which makes them the perfect gift for the man in your life. They can tuck it away in whatever it is they use for a man bag without the fear being told off for ruining that labor of love that you spent so much time creating.
- Patterned scrapbook papers (2 or more coordinated designs)
- Craft knife, scissors, a sharp pencil Adhesive (I have used double sided tape for this project)
- Scrapbooking pretties to decorate
- Cardstock to make an accordion fold mini book insert
Step by Step Directions
Now we want to cut 3 squares with rounded corners for the top cover and both inside covers. You can either trace and cut or you can measure your cd tin from edge to edge take of 1/16" and cut three squares this size. My tin worked out to be exactly 5¼" x 5¼" square. I took 1/16" off this to give me 5 3/16's. Once I cut them I used a pair of scissors to roughly round off the corners.
Use double sided tape to adhere the paper squares to the inside of the to tin cover.
Make an accordion fold album insert. You can find some simple instructions to make an accordion album here. I made a mine a 5"x5" page album with 6 pages.
Adhere the back of the accordion fold insert to the bottom inside cover of your cd tin. You might choose to embellish it first. Don't use too many lumpy bumpies though as you might not be able to get the lid on.
Finished CD Tin Scrapbook
- Try and stick to using flatter embellishments like stickers and cardstock.
- Measure your tin and cut a couple of trial cover pieces from scrap paper before you use your patterned paper.
- Inking the edges is a good look.