About Me Mini Album Theme
Every scrapper at some time has to create an About Me mini album also known as a "book of me" or BOM for short. Not the easiest of mini albums to start making since the main star of the show is you and not all of us feels comfortable writing about themselves which is kind of ironic really because who else knows more about you than you! Once you get started though you won't want to stop. You might want to try making it using an album that you can expand and add pages to later just in case.
Just remember, generations to come will absolutely love your little BOM and learning about everything that makes you, you.
Try to think of every single little thing that defines you and make a list. Include it all, from the most important or interesting things right down to the mundane and boring....
Consider using any of the following.
- Favourite food, smell, drink, music, clothing etc
- Books you love
- Pet hates
- Items you cant do without
- stuff in the bottom of your handbag (check it out, it can get scary in there!!)
- Stuff in your bedside draw...
- Habits (good and bad)
- Dreams, hopes, goals, aspirations
- Your Life philosophy
- People - don't forget the people in your life
- Phrases - A friend of mine said that each town/community/household has its own lingo or subset of phrases that are understood only by those from that community. You don't realise that a term that you have used all your life might not mean a thing to someone else.
- Don't forget the monotonous and perhaps boring things you might do everyday.
- Pledges or Vows that help define you
- How you would spend 1 million dollars
- i would do anything for love, but i won't....
- Childhood stuff
Maybe include some crazy stuff. Have you been tagged on your blog or by email lately? Choose some of the better questions from one for your BOM. Heres an example of one that's been around the block and back a few times.
Here's the deal, I list 7 random facts about myself and then choose 7 people to tag to do the same thing on their blog. Here goes!
Try breaking your About Me mini album into the following categories so that you can do one page per category. You could easily squeeze out enough topics to fill a 10 page paper bag album
- Favourites / I love...
- People - friends, family
- Phrases / Lingo / Language
- Every day mundane stuff
- Life Philosophy - Deep stuff
- Career / Job / Acheivements
- Hobbies / Interests / Sport
You might also want to try an abc album or an a-z mini book.
Try using the letters of your name, for example CAREN
- C - Crazy about sport
- A - Always on time
- R - Rub my sister the wrong way
- E - Eloped when 18
- N - Never without good friends
- Include a profile card like the 7gypsies profile for a neat way to include your vital stats - or make up your own profile card.
- Your Name
- My life
- Me, me, me
Back to simply scrapbooking ideas