Recipe Mini Scrapbooks
Recipe mini books have become my latest obsession. I have a ton of recipes that I have collected over the years that are in serious need of collating. At present they are scribbled on to loose bits of paper strewn between the pages of various cookbooks.
Of all the different ways that you can scrap your family recipes I am going to take the easy route and make up recipe cards for each one and pop them into an altered photo box. This way I can add on each new recipe as I find them with no trouble at all.
Making recipe cards is super simple and they are easy to use. Cut them from plain or patterned card stock. 6x4" or 5x7" is a good size. Write or print out your recipes and slip them into a small compact photo album. You can even bind the cards together into a mini book with loose leaf rings, ribbon or a bind-it-all machine.
For each recipe you can include any of the following:
- The recipe
- Photo of the prepared dish
- Photo of the cook
- A story about the recipe
- Origins of the recipe
- Star rating out of 5
- Food quotes or food facts
- Embellishments - keep them simple and not too lumpy bumpy like ribbon, vintage food labels, stickers, clip-art etc.
- Make a wedding or shower gift with recipes, photographs, stories and advice collected from family and friends.
- Make a recipe mini book filled with favorite recipes for your children who are heading off to college or are striking out on their own.
- Make a heritage cook book filled with traditional family recipes and photos.
- Make a baby food mini with recipes and advice for the new mom to be. Friends and family can contribute recipes and advice.
- Sneak into Mom's kitchen and collate all her loose recipes into a loving cook book with room for additional recipes. Great for a birthday, Holiday or Mother's day gift.
- Make a mini memento for your dinner guests filled with the recipes for each of the dishes served on the night of your special dinner party.
For inspiration check out these links:
Kevin and Amanda's scrapbook recipes
Kevin and Amanda's recipes above.
Creating Keepsakes Recipe Book